Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Gaylord
Athol | Bellaire | Cedarville | Claudell | Gaylord | Germantown | Harlan | Kensington | Lebanon | Old Salem | Reamsville | Smith Center |Home on the Range
The Gaylord Town Company was organized in January 1871. The town site was laid out and named after C. E. Gaylord. The first grocery store was opened by C. P. Newell in the spring of 1871, and the post office was established on June 2, 1871.
The ethnicity of its settlers is not known.
Pletcher, Vera Edith Crosby. "A History of Smith County, Kansas to 1960". Masters thesis, Kansas State University, 1960.
Spring Hours:Sun: 1:00 pm - 2:00 am Mon-Thurs: 7:30 am - 2:00 amFriday: 7:30 am - 7:00 pmSat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
For current month(s) and detailed information, please select desired month under announcements (below).Phone: 785.628.4434Fax: 785.628.4096Contacts DirectoryMailing Address: Forsyth Library 600 Park Street Hays, KS 67601Physical Address: 502 South Campus Drive Hays, KS 67601-4099
April 2014 Calendar