Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Grigston
Grigston | Manning | Modoc | Painter City | Pence | Scott City | Shallow Water | Zenobia
The site of Grigsby was platted on October 4, 1886. In 1887, the Santa Fe Railway built its tracks through the town site, and the station opened in September of that year. Grigsby's name was changed to Grigston in the early 1920's.
The ethnicity of its settlers is not known.
History of Early Scott County by the Scott County Historical Society, Inc., 1977Scott County, Kansas Centennial Book - Celebrating 100 Years: 1886-1986 by the Scott County Centennial Commission, Inc., 1986
Spring Hours:Sun: 1:00 pm - 2:00 am Mon-Thurs: 7:30 am - 2:00 amFriday: 7:30 am - 7:00 pmSat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
For current month(s) and detailed information, please select desired month under announcements (below).Phone: 785.628.4434Fax: 785.628.4096Contacts DirectoryMailing Address: Forsyth Library 600 Park Street Hays, KS 67601Physical Address: 502 South Campus Drive Hays, KS 67601-4099
April 2014 Calendar