Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Harper
| Attica | Bluff City | Crystal
Springs | Danville | Freeport | Harper | Runnymede | Waldron
Several families from Iowa located the town site on April 14, 1877. A town company was formed, and soon Harper was growing with new residents moving in and businesses being set up. The first post office in the county was established here on July 1, 1877. The first newspaper was started on October 24, 1878 - it was called the Harper County Times. The town became organized on September 7, 1880.
The Mennonites established a church in 1888 after arriving in 1883 from Harvey County, Kansas and Wayne County, Ohio.
Sanders, Gwendoline and Paul. "The Harper County Story". North Newton, Kansas: The Mennonite Press, 1968.
Spring Hours:Sun: 1:00 pm - 2:00 am Mon-Thurs: 7:30 am - 2:00 amFriday: 7:30 am - 7:00 pmSat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
For current month(s) and detailed information, please select desired month under announcements (below).Phone: 785.628.4434Fax: 785.628.4096Contacts DirectoryMailing Address: Forsyth Library 600 Park Street Hays, KS 67601Physical Address: 502 South Campus Drive Hays, KS 67601-4099
April 2014 Calendar