Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Howell
Amish Village | Bellefont | Bloom | Bucklin | Dodge City | Ford | Howell | Kingsdown | Lasker | Mexican Village | Spearville
Originally known as Morrison Station, a stop along the railroad tracks where trains could pass each other, Howell was the name of the post office there from June 2, 1886-October 31, 1888. The boom years for this town were in the 1880's and early 1890's as the population reached 150 people. A post office opened again on November 26, 1895, but like its predecessor, closed in April 1897, after operating about 2 years. Later, in 1916, a post office was once again established, but closed several years later after rural mail service began in the county.
The ethnicity of its settlers is unknown.
Ford County Historical Society. Dodge City and Ford County, Kansas 1870-1920: Pioneer Histories and Stories.Dodge City, KS, 1996.
Spring Hours:Sun: 1:00 pm - 2:00 am Mon-Thurs: 7:30 am - 2:00 amFriday: 7:30 am - 7:00 pmSat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
For current month(s) and detailed information, please select desired month under announcements (below).Phone: 785.628.4434Fax: 785.628.4096Contacts DirectoryMailing Address: Forsyth Library 600 Park Street Hays, KS 67601Physical Address: 502 South Campus Drive Hays, KS 67601-4099
April 2014 Calendar