Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Kanorado
Edson | Eustis | Gandy | Goodland | Itasca | Kanorado | Ruleton | Sherman Center | Voltaire
Established shortly after June 22, 1888, by the railroad, it was originally named Lamborn. However, the name was changed to Kanorado on July 5. With the town site on the eastern side of the border of Kansas and Colorado, the town was named in honor of those two states. It is the only other town in the county besides Goodland to become incorporated.
The ethnicity of its settlers is not known.
"They Came to Stay". Sherman County Historical Society, 1980.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
May 2013 Calendar
Copyright © 2009-2012 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.