Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Manning
Grigston | Manning | Modoc | Painter City | Pence | Scott City | Shallow Water | Zenobia
When the Missouri Pacific Railway made its final survey in 1887, a town site was established next to the tracks. The area was platted and given the name of Manning. It was named after a cabinet officer of President Grover Cleveland.
The ethnicity of its settlers is not known.
History of Early Scott County by the Scott County Historical Society, Inc., 1977Scott County, Kansas Centennial Book - Celebrating 100 Years: 1886-1986 by the Scott County Centennial Commission, Inc., 1986
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
May 2013 Calendar
Copyright © 2009-2012 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.