Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Murdock
/ Gage | Belmont | Cleveland | Cunningham | Kingman | Murdock | Nashville | Norwich | Penalosa | Rago | Spivey | Waterloo |
Willowdale | Zenda
Named after the founders of the Wichita Eagle newspaper, New Murdock was founded on March 17, 1884. The name changed to Murdock on January 4, 1914 when the Butler County town of Murdock closed its post office.
The ethnicity of its settlers is unknown.
"Kingman County History: Kingman County, Kansas and Its People." Kingman, KS: Kingman County Historical Society, 1984.
Kansas State Historical Society. October 19, 2005 <http://www.kshs.org/genealogists/postoffices.html>.
Extended Hours starting Sunday, March 23 until the end of the semester:Sun: 1:00 pm - 2:00 am Mon-Thurs: 7:30 am - 2:00 amFriday: 7:30 am - 7:00 pmSat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
For current month(s) and detailed information, please select desired month under announcements (below).Phone: 785.628.4434Fax: 785.628.4096Contacts DirectoryMailing Address: Forsyth Library 600 Park Street Hays, KS 67601Physical Address: 502 South Campus Drive Hays, KS 67601-4099
April 2014 Calendar