Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Nashville
/ Gage | Belmont | Cleveland | Cunningham | Kingman | Murdock | Nashville | Norwich | Penalosa | Rago | Spivey | Waterloo |
Willowdale | Zenda
Founded in 1885 by settlers from Nashville, Tennessee, Nashville became a thriving community after the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad built its tracks to the town site.
Many of the settlers were German Lutherans and they found the first Lutheran church in town. Beginning in 1890, they met in the homes of parishioners and in public buildings until a church building was built in 1904.
"Kingman County History: Kingman County, Kansas and Its People." Kingman, KS: Kingman County Historical Society, 1984.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
December 2013 Calendar
Enhanced And Personalized Interlibrary Loan Services
Food For Fines
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.