Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Norcatur
Dresden | Jennings | Kanona | Norcatur | Oberlin
The Lincoln Land Company surveyed and platted this town site in 1885. It was located 18 miles east of Oberlin, along the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad line. Norcatur got its name because of its location close to the Decatur/Norton county line. A post office, a bank, and a blacksmith shop were among the businesses that were built.
The town suffered a loss when the east side was destroyed by a fire in 1886.
The ethnicity of its settlers is unknown.
Decatur County Historical Book Committee. "Decatur County Kansas". Lubbock, TX: Specialty Publishing Company, 1983.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
December 2013 Calendar
Enhanced And Personalized Interlibrary Loan Services
Food For Fines
Late Nights At The Library & Pack The Library
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.