Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Penokee
Bogue | Gettysburg | Hill City | Millbrook | Morland | Nicodemus | Penokee | Roscoe | St. Peter
Located about 7 miles west of Hill City, Penokee had its beginnings as a town named Reford. The town site was platted on November 19, 1888 and when the post office was established on July 1, 1889, the name was changed to Penokee.
The ethnicity of its settlers is unknown.
Clary, Blossom and Ruth Siegrist. "Centennial Tid-Bits." Hill City, KS: Hill City Times, 1980.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
December 2013 Calendar
Enhanced And Personalized Interlibrary Loan Services
Food For Fines
Late Nights At The Library & Pack The Library
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.