Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Phillipsburg
Agra | Glade | Gretna | Kirwin | Logan | Long Island | Phillipsburg | Prairie View | Speed | Stuttgart | Woodruff
Founded and laid out in 1872 by settlers from Doniphan County, Phillipsburg was named for Col. William A. Phillips, a member of Congress from Kansas. Governor Harved issued a proclamation organizing Phillips County in 1872, and he designated Phillipsburg to be the county seat. Families started arriving in the fall of 1872 and began building homes and businesses.
The ethnicity of its settlers is unknown.
http://www.phillipsburgks.us/community/history/history.htmPhillipsburg-Phillips County centennial, 1872-1972. Edited by Cecil B. Kingery. 1972.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
December 2013 Calendar
Enhanced And Personalized Interlibrary Loan Services
Food For Fines
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.