Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Roscoe
Bogue | Gettysburg | Hill City | Millbrook | Morland | Nicodemus | Penokee | Roscoe | St. Peter
This was the first town site in Graham County. It was platted on April 5, 1879 and was located 8 miles north and 4 miles west of Hill City. George Higginbotham, the founder of the town, was one of the merchants, and a post office was established on January 16, 1879. After Mr. Higginbotham died and Roscoe lost its bid for the county seat, the town soon vanished. The post office moved to Hill City on August 15, 1893.
The ethnicity of its settlers is unknown.
Clary, Blossom and Ruth Siegrist. "Centennial Tid-Bits." Hill City, KS: Hill City Times, 1980.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
December 2013 Calendar
Enhanced And Personalized Interlibrary Loan Services
Food For Fines
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.