Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Ruleton
Edson | Eustis | Gandy | Goodland | Itasca | Kanorado | Ruleton | Sherman Center | Voltaire
The original town site was located on the homestead of John E. Rule and was named Rule. A post office was established on April 23, 1887, and the name was changed to Ruleton. The Chicago, Kansas & Nebraska Railroad came through the area on June 22, 1888, and the post office, which was located in the Errington and Rich Store, was moved to a new location. The railroad built a station just to the east of the Ruleton store, and it became one of the stops along the rail line, along with Edson, Goodland and Kanorado.
The ethnicity of its settlers is not known.
"They Came to Stay". Sherman County Historical Society, 1980.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
December 2013 Calendar
Enhanced And Personalized Interlibrary Loan Services
Food For Fines
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.