Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Sherman Center
Edson | Eustis | Gandy | Goodland | Itasca | Kanorado | Ruleton | Sherman Center | Voltaire
Sherman Center, first called Shermanville, was founded in May 1886 near the geographical center of Sherman County. On September 20, 1886, the town was established by Governor John A. Martin's proclamation; the same proclamation also named Eustis the temporary county seat. Shortly after Goodland was founded several miles to the south, the town of Sherman Center ceased to exist.
The ethnicity of its settlers is not known.
"They Came to Stay". Sherman County Historical Society, 1980.Olson, Daryl A. "A History of Sherman County, 1880-1960". Masters Thesis, Fort Hays Kansas State College, 1966
Spring Hours:Sun: 1:00 pm - 2:00 am Mon-Thurs: 7:30 am - 2:00 amFriday: 7:30 am - 7:00 pmSat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
For current month(s) and detailed information, please select desired month under announcements (below).Phone: 785.628.4434Fax: 785.628.4096Contacts DirectoryMailing Address: Forsyth Library 600 Park Street Hays, KS 67601Physical Address: 502 South Campus Drive Hays, KS 67601-4099
April 2014 Calendar