Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Simpson
Asherville | Beloit | Blue Hill | Cawker City | Glen Elder | Hunter | Mennonite Community | Simpson | Tipton | Victor
Brittsville was started in 1871 by a G. Beaver when he sought to open a mill on the Solomon River. A store, a post office and a drug store were in Brittsville by 1879.
When the railroad came through in 1879/1880, the town site was moved to the present site - a move of one mile. Alfred Simpson deeded some land on which the new town site stood, and in 1882, the name was changed to Simpson.
The ethnicity of its settlers is unknown.
"Souvenir Booklet Prepared for the Horseless Carriage Club." Beloit, KS: Beloit Daily Call, 1954.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
May 2013 Calendar
Copyright © 2009-2012 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.