Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Stuttgart
Agra | Glade | Gretna | Kirwin | Logan | Long Island | Phillipsburg | Prairie View | Speed | Stuttgart | Woodruff
Founded in 1872 and located in Mound Township, Stuttgart was originally named Wagnerville. When the Rock Island Railroad came through the area with new tracks, the town was moved to a new location by the railroad. It was renamed Stuttgart in 1888 after the town of Stuttgart in Germany where many of the settlers came from. There were not any current residents according to the census of 2000.
Phillipsburg-Phillips County centennial, 1872-1972. Edited by Cecil B. Kingery. 1972.
Extended Hours starting Sunday, March 23 until the end of the semester:Sun: 1:00 pm - 2:00 am Mon-Thurs: 7:30 am - 2:00 amFriday: 7:30 am - 7:00 pmSat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
For current month(s) and detailed information, please select desired month under announcements (below).Phone: 785.628.4434Fax: 785.628.4096Contacts DirectoryMailing Address: Forsyth Library 600 Park Street Hays, KS 67601Physical Address: 502 South Campus Drive Hays, KS 67601-4099
April 2014 Calendar