Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Trego Center
Banner | Bosna | Buckeye | Collyer | Coyote | Cyrus | Gibson | Mendota | Ogallah | Park's Fort | Schreader | Smytheville | Stockrange | Trego | Trego Center | Trego Station | Tregola | Valley | Voda | WaKeeney | Willcox
Germans first arrived in the area in 1882 but years passed before Trego Center became a settlement in 1904.
Beginning in 1905, many Volga Germans from Russell County began acquiring land around Trego Center.
According to Nadine Kroeger, this settlement was south of WaKeeney.
Carman, Justice Neal. Account of Settlements in Kansas.
Vol. 2. Foreign Language Units of Kansas. Forsyth Library; Lawrence: University of Kansas Press, 1962. Text-fiche.
Kroeger, Nadine. Interview by author. Trego County Historical Society. WaKeeney, KS. 5 August 2002.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
December 2013 Calendar
Enhanced And Personalized Interlibrary Loan Services
Food For Fines
Late Nights At The Library & Pack The Library
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.