Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Tregola
Banner | Bosna | Buckeye | Collyer | Coyote | Cyrus | Gibson | Mendota | Ogallah | Park's Fort | Schreader | Smytheville | Stockrange | Trego | Trego Center | Trego Station | Tregola | Valley | Voda | WaKeeney | Willcox
Although it was surveyed, blocked, and platted, Tregola had few settlers. The primary occupants, soldiers found safety from the Indians in the all-rock buildings. Lumber was not used in any of the buildings. After the post office was established in October of 1891, Claus Schermann served as the postmaster. The post office closed in June of 1893.
Today, nothing remains of Tregola, and the ethnicity of its settlers remains unknown.
Kroeger, Nadine. Interview by author. Trego County Historical Society. WaKeeney, KS. 5 August 2002.
Shearer, Ruth. “Ghost Towns in Trego County.” Chap. in Local History as Presented to the Trego County Historical Society. 2d ed. n.p. 1974.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
December 2013 Calendar
Enhanced And Personalized Interlibrary Loan Services
Food For Fines
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.