Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Turkville
Antonino | Catharine | Czech Colony | Ellis | Emmeram | Hartsook/Herzog | Hays | Munjor | Pfeifer | Schoenchen | Turkville | Victoria | Vincent | Walker | Yocemento
Volga GermansFort HaysOther Colonies
A colony from Tennessee came to Ellis County in 1876 and founded the town of Turkville in the northeast corner of the county. This group of Baptists founded the first Baptist Church in Ellis County, and Reverend Allen D. King was the first pastor. Most of its members were from King's extended family.
“At Home in Ellis County, Kansas 1867-1992.” Hays, KS: Ellis County Historical Society, 1991.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
December 2013 Calendar
Enhanced And Personalized Interlibrary Loan Services
Food For Fines
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.