Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Waterloo-Kingman
/ Gage | Belmont | Cleveland | Cunningham | Kingman | Murdock | Nashville | Norwich | Penalosa | Rago | Spivey | Waterloo | Willowdale
began as a way-station where two trails met. A small village was beginning to
develop in 1879 and a plat was filed on July 7. The post office was had been
named Stanford since its establishment on March 5, 1878, was changed to
Waterloo in 1881.
never became a railroad town as it had been hoped for because the railroad went
through Murdock about five miles south.
ethnicity of its settlers is unknown.
"Kingman County History: Kingman County, Kansas and Its
People." Kingman, KS: Kingman County Historical Society, 1984.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
June 2013 Calendar
Copyright © 2009-2012 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.