Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Woodruff
Agra | Glade | Gretna | Kirwin | Logan | Long Island | Phillipsburg | Prairie View | Speed | Stuttgart | Woodruff
The town was platted on July 23, 1885 by the Lincoln Land Company, which platted several other town sites in Phillips County. Woodruff was named after the grandfather of a child of a railroad worker. There were not any current residents according to the census of 2000.
The ethnicity of its settlers is unknown.
Phillipsburg-Phillips County centennial, 1872-1972. Edited by Cecil B. Kingery. 1972.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
March 2014 Calendar
Spring Forward Sunday, Mar. 9th
Women's History Month Display
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.