Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Wright
Amish Village | Bellefont | Bloom | Bucklin | Dodge City | Ford | Howell | Kingsdown | Lasker | Mexican Village | Spearville
Wright was founded in 1887 on the Stage Coach Line stop located seven miles northeast of Dodge City. The town was named for the owner of the stockyard on the Santa Fe line, Robert Wright. It did not become the cattle market its founders were hoping for, but eventually had a newspaper, several businesses, and a thriving grain and shipping company.
The ethnicity of its settlers is unknown.
Ford County Historical Society. Dodge City and Ford County, Kansas 1870-1920: Pioneer Histories and Stories.Dodge City, KS, 1996.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
May 2013 Calendar
Copyright © 2009-2012 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.