Earn a Full Graduate School Fellowship and Spend a Year Studying and Teaching in China
Wanted: Qualified Master of Business Administration Potential Students Who Are Seeking a Unique International Experience
The College of Business and Entrepreneurship at Fort Hays State University offers a highly attractive and competitive fellowship for qualified MBA applicants who wish to earn a Master of Business Administration while participating as a graduate teaching assistant in the international program in China. This fellowship allows graduate students to spend a year on the Fort Hays State University Campus preparing to teach -- working part-time as a graduate student and taking a full-time MBA course-load. Then students spend a year working under the direction of a Fort Hays State University Instructor of Record assisting with American business courses on-site at a Chinese institution.
MBAPrograms.org has featured the FHSU MBA program as one of ten for studying abroad in China. Among the other nine are such prominent business schools as Northwestern University Kellogg School of Business, University of Southern California Marshall School of Business, and the University of Virginia Darden School of Business.
What We Offer:
- Two years (maximum 34 credit hours) of tuition waiver - a free two-year graduate business education! (MBA students with non-business bachelor degrees may be required to take and pay for up to twelve (12) business foundation credit hours)
- $3500 per semester ($7000 annually) stipend as a Graduate Teaching Assistant
- A one-year assignment in China as a graduate assistant teaching approximately 180 management students in English
- Ability to complete MBA coursework within two years of start date (assuming full-time graduate instructional load) - no delay in completing your MBA!
- A fantastic international cultural experience with all overseas expenses paid - free room and board, one round-trip airfare ticket from Hays to China, monthly cultural activities while in China (e.g., visit the Great Wall, see the Terra Cotta soldiers, tour the Forbidden City, etc.) Students have an opportunity to learn a great deal about the world's most significant emerging market and to develop an understanding of Chinese culture and business. Students may learn key Mandarin Chinese language skills.
- An impressive and valuable set of credentials: a Masters of Business Administration, a full graduate fellowship, and a year of experience studying, living, and working in China.
What We Seek:
- Applications considered until available positions filled - priority consideration given to earliest applications
- Must have an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited university
- A history of academic success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Two years of teaching-related experience desirable
- "American" English speaking ability required; must be a United States citizen
- Eligible to hold a U.S. Passport and ability to live abroad for an academic year.
- Must be available for a one week training session at FHSU before leaving for China.
To apply submit the following:
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Copies of official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Personal statement indicating reasons for seeking a Master of Business Administration degree including professional and/or career goals and pertinent past work experience
- Other pertinent information which may influence the applicant's qualifications
- Successful applicants must also apply to and be accepted into both the Fort Hays State University Graduate School and the College of Business and Leadership MBA program, must take the GMAT or GRE and must meet any additional requirements as specified by the Graduate School
Send letter of application and current resume to:
Ms. Rachel Dolechek, MBA Coordinator
College of Business and Entrepreneurship
Fort Hays State University 600 Park St.
Hays, KS 67601
Telephone: (765) 628-5696
Fax: (785) 628-5398
Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Advertising paid for by FHSU.