Dr. Lane Weaver
The Symphonic Winds is a non-auditioned concert band open to all FHSU students regardless of academic major. Literature is selected from the finest wind band material with an emphasis on the time-honored band standards of the 20th century as well as emerging modern classics.
The Symphonic Winds is formed at the conclusion of the Marching Band season and rehearses Mondays 3:30-4:30 p.m. and Thursdays 3:30-5:30 p.m. for the remainder of the fall with one performance at the end of the semester. Rehearsals remain at the same time during the spring semester with performances in March and May.
If you are interested in joining the Fort Hays State University Symphonic Winds, please contact Dr. Lane Weaver.
Recent literature includes:
- Aaron Copland - Emblems
- Rossano Galante - Landscapes
- Nathan Froebe – Lucid Dreams (world premiere)
- Paul Hart – Cartoon
- Alfred Reed – Armenian Dances, Part 1
- Alex Shapiro – Homecoming (featuring Ms. Shapiro as composer-in-residence)
- Philip Sparke – Dance Movements
- Steven Verhelst – A Song for Japan
- Allen Vizzutti – Three Magical Places (featuring Mr. Vizzutti as soloist)
- Eric Whitacre – Godzilla Eats Las Vegas
Return to Ensemble page.