Suggested Packing List
- Dress code appropriate clothing (see dress code policy)
- Concert attire clothing for 4 evening performances and Final Concert
- BLACK T-SHIRTS ARE NOT ALLOWED!
- Toothpaste,shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc.
- Small fan (dorm room can be stuffy)
- Bedding (XL twin size), pillow, linens, etc.
- Alarm Clock – counselors will provide wake up calls, but some campers prefer to wake up on their own
- Instrument(s) in good working order
- Music stand
- Spending money
- Laptops will not be needed for any classes. Campers are discouraged from bringing laptops or iPads due to the chance of loss or theft.
PLEASE NOTE: High Plains Music Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen personal property. We suggest all personal items be labeled. All labeled lost and found items may be picked up at the camp office up to one week following camp. Unlabeled lost and found items will be donated to a local charity one week after camp has ended.
GENERAL DRESS CODE POLICY:
- Students are expected to observe a mode of dress and personal grooming and hygiene that are supportive to a positive learning environment promoting self-respect. We do not allow attire that displays inappropriate slogans and images or clothing that is sexually suggestive. Any student wearing inappropriate attire will be required to change his/her clothes.
- No spaghetti straps
- No Short-Shorts
- No clothing that displays undergarments
- No sagging pants
Concert Attendance Attire
For the four evening concerts campers should wear dressier clothing and footwear (clean shoes, socks, and/or sandals).
For boys, it is recommended to wear slacks (any color), a belt, and a dress shirt (no tie necessary) or a polo shirt.
For girls, the appropriate concert attire is nice slacks and a nice blouse, a skirt (no shorter than just above the knees) and a nice blouse, or a dress (no shorter than just above the knees).
Rule of thumb: church clothes.
All campers will be performing final performances on Friday night and/or Saturday. Performing clothes should be the standard performance attire, which is ALL BLACK.
For boys, we recommend nice black slacks (with belt if you have belt loops), black socks, black shoes, and black dress shirt (tie is optional; wear a black tie if desired) OR a black polo shirt. BLACK T-SHIRTS ARE NOT ALLOWED!
For girls, we recommend nice black slacks and black blouse with sleeves - no sleeveless or spaghetti straps will be allowed. Short sleeves, 3/4 sleeves, or long sleeves are good. Also, a black skirt (no shorter than just above the knees) and black blouse (see aforementioned sleeve requirements) or black dress (same sleeve length requirements). Please wear nice shoes or sandals - no flip-flops or tennis shoes.