Suggested Packing List
- Dress code appropriate clothing (see dress code policy)
- Concert attire clothing for 4 evening performances and Final Concert
- Toothpaste,shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc.
- Small fan (dorm room can be stuffy)
- Bedding (XL twin size), pillow, linens, etc.
- Alarm Clock – counselors will provide wake up calls, but some campers prefer to wake up on their own
- Instrument(s) in good working order
- Music stand
- Spending money
- Laptops will not be needed for any classes. Campers are discouraged from bringing laptops or iPads due to the chance of loss or theft.
PLEASE NOTE: High Plains Music Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen personal property. We suggest all personal items be labeled. All labeled lost and found items may be picked up at the camp office up to one week following camp. Unlabeled lost and found items will be donated to a local charity one week after camp has ended.
GENERAL DRESS CODE POLICY:
- Students are expected to observe a mode of dress and personal grooming and hygiene that are supportive to a positive learning environment promoting self-respect. We do not allow attire that displays inappropriate slogans and images or clothing that is sexually suggestive. Any student wearing inappropriate attire will be required to change his/her clothes.
- No spaghetti straps
- No Short-Shorts
- No clothing that displays undergarments
- No sagging pants
Concert Attendance Attire
all of the evening concerts campers should wear dressier clothing and
footwear (clean shoes, socks, and or sandals). For boys it is
recommended to wear slacks (any color is okay), a belt, and a dress
shirt (no tie necessary) or a polo shirt. For girls the appropriate
concert attire is nice slacks and a nice blouse, a skirt (no shorter
than just above the knees) and a nice blouse, or a dress (no shorter
than just above the knees). There are 4 evening concerts.
Rule of thumb: church clothes.
All campers will be performing final performances on Friday night and/or Saturday. Performing clothes should be the standard performance attire which is ALL BLACK.
Nice black slacks (with belt if you have belt loops), black socks,
black shoes, and black dress shirt (no tie necessary but if you want to
wear a tie, it should also be black) OR a black polo shirt. BLACK
T-SHIRTS ARE NOT ALLOWED!
Nice black slacks and black blouse with sleeves - no sleeveless or
spaghetti straps will be allowed. Short sleeves, 3/4 sleeves, or long
sleeves are good. Also, a black skirt (no shorter than just above the
knees) and black blouse (see sleeve requirements above) or black dress
(same sleeve length requirements as above). Please wear nice
shoes or sandals - no flip flops or tennis shoes.