FHSU Profile – Faculty
Fort Hays State University employs about 300 full-time faculty members on campus and about 50 faculty members in our international partner operations. The University also has more than 200 part-time and adjunct faculty teaching through the Virtual College and on campus.
Some key points:
- The average age of the faculty is declining.
- The College of Arts and Sciences has more faculty employed than the other three colleges combined.
- The average student-faculty ratio on campus is 17:1.
- More than 80 percent of classes are taught by full-time faculty.
- The system of shared governance includes the Faculty Senate, dozens of university committees, substantial training processes, and award and recognition processes.
- The faculty bargaining unit is the American Association of University Professors.
- Faculty report a higher than average workload, high satisfaction with facilities, average satisfaction with autonomy and independence, and higher than average satisfaction with support for faculty development.
- Faculty annually produce about 1,200 instances of scholarly and creative activities.
Continue Reading: Staff ->