Certificate for Behavioral Health Technician
This certificate was developed through the collaborative efforts of Fort Hays State University's Psychology Department and KVC Wheatland Psychiatric Hospital. It is designed to give students in the behavioral sciences the skills to work as a treatment team member in a inpatient psychiatric child care facility. This certification should enhance the employability of the student in any child or adolescent psychiatric care facility.
To earn the 13-credit hour certificate, you must complete the following classes.
- PSY 100 General Psychology (3 credit hours) Offered: Fall, Spring, Summer
- PSY 300 Abnormal Psychology (3 credit hours) Offered: Fall, Spring, Summer
- PSY 400 Child and Development Psychology (3 credit hours) Offered: Fall, Spring
PSY670 Childhood Psychopathology (3 credit hours) Offered: Spring
- PSY 476C Apprenticeship** (1 credit hour) Offered: Fall, Spring
- PSY 685 Behavior Therapy (3 credit hours) Offered: Fall
** The apprenticeship consists of actual on-site training at the Hays Campus of KVC Wheatland, course of study available here.
View a welcome letter from James Roberson, Assistant Director of Administration at KVC Wheatland.
See KVC Wheatland's web site at http://www.kvc.org/kansas/services/psychiatric-hospital for information on the program and click the employment tab at the top of the home page for detailed information on the Behavior Health Technician position.