Welcome to Fort Hays State University Residential Life!
The residence halls are an ideal place to meet friends, find academic support, and adjust to campus life. Life in the halls provides many social and leadership opportunities that are designed to foster the Tiger sprit and build community! We are excited about your interest in living on campus and know that you will find a home in the residence halls. We look forward to seeing you on campus!
Director of Residential Life
view our mission statement >>
News and Events
- Apply to be a Summer Conference Assistant today!
- Summer housing applications are now available! Apply online through the Housing Application on TigerTracks. Pricing for summer housing is available here.
- Now stream movies online with our Online Movie Channel!
Housing Contracts and Room Selection
The 2015-16 Housing Contract is now available! The Contract can be accessed through TigerTracks.
Here's how Housing selection works:
- Returning Students:
- If you are wanting to live in the same room or apartment next year, you will be able to log back on to the application from February 23–March 1 and reserve that space.
- If you are wanting to select a different room or apartment, you will be given a time between March 2–April 15 to select that new space. Your selection time will be based on your application date; the earlier you apply, the earlier you get to choose a room!
- Contracts may be cancelled without penalty until April 15.
- Returner and transfer sign up will continue April 16–April 30, and any room swaps may be made at this time.
- Freshmen/Transfer Students:
- Learning Community students will be able to select their room from May 11–May 17 (any LLC students signing up after that date will be assigned by the Residential Life office).
- All other students will be given a date and time to sign up between May 20–June 12 based on your application date; the earlier you apply, the earlier you get to choose a room!
- Freshman/transfer sign up will continue April 16–April 30, and any room swaps may be made at this time.
Let us know if you have any questions!
To watch a video with instructions on accessing the Housing Contract, visit our Facebook page.
ATTENTION: Starting in Fall 2013, Student Fiscal Services will no longer be sending out paper bills by mail for Residential Life fees. Students will be only receive their bill notifications through email to their FHSU Mail account.
Contact Student Fiscal Services if you have any questions.