McMindes Hall is co-ed by wing and by floor and available to first year and returning students. Home to approximately 620 students, the McMindes community is intentionally designed to empower the new student to make a successful intellectual and social transition to college life. Unique features of McMindes Hall include private pod-style restrooms and showers, the only on-campus dining facility, and is home to FHSU's 13 unique Living Learning Communities.
McMindes Hall was constructed in 1963 and was originally a female-only residence. The hall is named after Maude M. McMindes, the FHSU Director of Secondary Teacher Training and Director of Student Teaching from 1930-1968. Maude M. McMindes is known for reforming and improving the Secondary Education program during her tenure at FHSU.
- Bed size: Twin Extra-Long
- Room dimensions: approx. 9'10" x 15'7" *
- Residents per room: 2
- Floors: 6 floors, co-ed by wing
- Bathrooms: Semi-Private; 6 private pods and two stalls
- Room Amenities: 2 loftable beds, 2 built-in desk/mirror/dresser/closet/cabinets, 2 desk chairs, cable/ethernet hook-up, and 2 bulletin boards*
- Building features: McMindes Cafe, Recreation Room, 2R classroom & living room, and 1 large group & 2 small group private study rooms
- Laundry: Free
*Rooms ending in -44 or -90 (ie. 244 or 290) have approx. dimensions of 7'10"' x 15'x7"' and have furniture that is stackable and moveable for your decorative convenience.
Take a virtual tour of a McMindes room
- Front Desk Phone Number: (785) 628-4900
- Mailing Address:
410 Agnew Lane
McMindes Hall Room #___
Hays, KS 67601
- Severe Weather Location:
McMindes Hall Basement
View the 2014-15 McMindes Hall Staff.