Residential Life Office

University Residency Policy



Any unmarried student who enrolls within one year following the date his/her class graduated from high school is required to live in a university residence hall, a sorority or fraternity house, or in the home of his/her parent or legal guardian during the first year of enrollment.

Exceptions to this policy for students living within 60 miles of Hays, or those with extraordinary and compelling circumstances, may be requested by written application to the Director of Student Residential Life.

Download an Off-Campus Living Request form.