NCKTC Gateway Plans
Experience Campus Life at FHSU! In addition to getting you on the right track to complete a bachelor’s degree, the Gateway Plan gives NCKTC students full access to various FHSU events, programs and services while attending NCKTC. Detailed information about programs and events available online at http://www.ncktc.edu.
Benefits of this program include:
- On-campus student housing (optional)
- Free admission to FHSU athletic events
- Complete access to the Student Health Center, Kelly Center, Wellness Center and Forsyth Library
- Discounted admission to FHSU sponsored events
- On campus student activities, intramurals and clubs
FHSU Costs & Semester fees:
- FHSU Student Privilege Fee (semester fee)
- Housing & Meal costs (if you choose to live on campus)
- Parking permit (annual fee)
- Student ID card (one-time fee)
As part of the Gateway Plan, you have the option to live on the FHSU campus in a residence hall or campus apartment.
There are a few important things to know about living on the FHSU campus:
- You must be officially enrolled at NCKTC.
- You must abide by all policies in the “FHSU Student Rights and Responsibilities” statement, the “Residential Life Policy Handbook” and housing contract.
- You are subject to the FHSU student conduct review process.
- You have the option of participating in the meal plan.
- Access to the meal plan and on-campus housing is subject to the FHSU schedule.
If you are interested in living on campus at FHSU, contact the Residential Life Office.
Steps to Success
- Contact NCKTC Admissions Office (888) 567-4297
- Meet with an NCKTC Advisor to identify your path;
- Enroll in the path of your choice
- Make payment arrangements with FHSU
Gateway 1 – University Path
Take a variety of courses that will transfer to FHSU.
- 24 hours of General Education Credit
- 18 hours of General Education credit + 6 hours transferable elective technical education credit
- 24 hours of any transferable credit
Gateway 2 – Certificate Path
Follow a more directed plan of study aimed at providing you transferable credit to FHSU. Gain employable skills that you can then use to help support yourself as you work towards a degree at FHSU.
- 30 – 45 credit hours at NCKTC
Gateway 3 – Associate Degree Path
Get the education and develop the skills you need to obtain an entry-level career upon graduation from NCKTC. Then, build upon that college credit and career potential by earning a bachelor’s degree from FHSU.
- 62 – 70 credit hours at NCKTC
Have questions, or want to learn more?
Contact David Bollig, Assistant Director of Business Operations