Student Fiscal Services
Fort Hays State University Foundation provides funding for a short-term loan program administered by Student Fiscal Services. The Short-Term Loan program provides temporary assistance to students who are experiencing financial difficulty in connection with educationally-related expenses. Loans are subject to availability of funds.
- Minimum enrollment of 9 credit hours of on-campus classes.
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA and a 2.5 GPA from the previous semester if any college has been previously attended; incoming freshmen must have a 2.5 high school cumulative GPA.
- All prior school transcripts must be officially on file with FHSU Registrar.
- Borrower must be 18 years of age.
- Borrower must be a United States citizen as determined by FHSU Registrar’s standards.
- Student is ineligible for a loan if FHSU student account is currently delinquent or has a history of delinquency including sporadic payments, placement with a collection agency or a prior account was written off for any reason.
Loan Terms and Repayment
- $500 loan maximum for education expenses.
- $20 administrative fee is assessed for processing the loan and will be deducted from the loan amount received.
- Payment for the loan will be due 60 days after the loan is disbursed and will be considered in default if not paid by the due date.
- Interest accrues at the rate of 4% per annum on the unpaid principal balance after 60 days.
- Additional charges will be assessed on the unpaid principal balance not paid by the due date until paid in full.
- Student Fiscal Services has partnered with Educational Computer Systems, Inc (ECSI) in the repayment of Short-Term Loans. ECSI provides convenient payment options.
- The loan may be prepaid without penalty at any time prior to the due date.
- The borrower will not be allowed to enroll at FHSU if there is an outstanding balance past 60 days. Academic transcripts may also be withheld.
- After 60 days, the delinquent account may be turned over to collection agencies, an attorney or the State of Kansas Setoff Program. The borrower will be responsible for collection fees, which may be based on a percentage, and all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, which are incurred by the University in such collection efforts.
Processing and Disbursement
- Loans will be disbursed beginning on the official disbursement date for each semester.
- A financial aid release authorization stipulating that repayment of the loan can be paid through the student’s current financial aid when received must be signed OR a means of support must be demonstrated such as a current paycheck stub.
- Short term loans are available for the first two weeks of classes for the semester only.
- Loan Funds will be made available using the valid refund option selected when finalizing enrollment.
- Allow a minimum of two business days for processing once the application has been approved.
Questions Concerning Short-Term Loans
If you are interested in a Short-Term Loan, contact us at 785-628-4897 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in repayment on a Short-Term Loan, contact ECSI at 888-549-3274 or by email.