FHSU Social Media Guidelines
Fort Hays State University recognizes the significance of Social Media in our technologically driven world today. Social media provides faculty, staff, students, and the University with countless opportunities to communicate and promote to multiple audiences. FHSU encourages the use of Social Media as an innovative form of communication and has provided some guidelines to assist employees in appropriately representing the University on official social media accounts. The below information should be considered when using social media to act on behalf of the University.
- All FHSU policies also apply to social media outlets
- Keep in mind the University's Identity Standards when using Social Media
- As a general rule, keep in mind that when posting on social media accounts, you are directly representing the University. Use good judgement and compose posts that are free of grammatical and spelling errors, and that are respectful and responsible. Everything that you post, is public!
- Keep content fresh by updating and making relevant posts. Social media accounts that have little to no activity are missing out on good opportunities to further the missions and goals of the University and/or unit.
- Do not post confidential information as found in HIPPA, FERPA, or other applicable law.