Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Division of Student Affairs > Center for Student Involvement > Student Organizations > Start An Organization
Can't find a group that serves your interest? Why not just create one! Five students is all you need to get started!
Each student group desiring to be a Fort Hays State University (FHSU) organization must be registered by the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) and also to the Student Organizations Committee (SOC). The following information must be submitted before a student organization can be reviewed for registration.
1. Inquire in the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) about the possibility and advisability of establishing a new organization.
2. Secure from the CSI the guidelines and policies for student organizations and create your organization on TigerLink. You will be prompted to log-in using your FHSU Tiger Tracks
username and password. Then, enter your first name, last name and FHSU
email address. Once these steps are completed, you will be able to
create your organization
3. Secure a member of the FHSU faculty or staff who will serve as advisor to the organization.
4. Hold an interest meeting to attract students who might join the organization.
5. Submit an Application for Registration to the CSI that includes the following information:
6. Submit an alphabetized membership list of all the organization’s members. To be a recognized student organization, the organization should be comprised of at least five (5) currently enrolled FHSU students (of which include the two officers) who wish to be members in the organization. 80% of the membership or more must be enrolled full-time FHSU students.
7. It is expected that each organization complete a minimum of 20 hours of campus/community service per year. Hours are reported to Tigers In Service (TIS) housed in the Center for Civic Leadership.
Applications for registration for the academic year will not be accepted after the Friday of final week of the Fall semester.
NOTE: The CSI must be presented with:
• A completed Student Organization Application for Registration.
• A copy of the organization’s constitution and by-laws.
• An official list of members with the required information as outlined above.
All registered student organizations are expected to comply with the policies of the CSI and Student Organizations Committee and those of the University
Questions about the procedures for recognition of student organizations should be directed to any staff member of the Center for Student Involvement, or send your questions to SOC chair Vince Bowhay firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Organization Handbook Helpful Guidelines CSI Policies Workshops, Training & Tips
Copyright © 2009-2012 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.