Get A Tiger Card
Please be prepared to submit a valid photo ID (Drivers License Military ID, Kansas ID, Passport, other state-issued photo ID card) when obtaining your card.
All on-campus students are required to have a Student ID card.
The Tiger Card may be obtained at the Card Center, Memorial Union room 208.
If you choose the Tiger Card option in TigerEnroll for your refund option, all excess financial aid will be applied to your individual Tiger Card debit account (Commerce Bank).
The Tiger Card is valid for the time that you are enrolled as a student at Fort Hays State University.
Students under the age of 18, NCKTC students, and those who do not have the required identification, as noted above, may receive the FHSU Tiger Card without access to a Commerce Bank account. In order to process an ID, students must be an admitted student and produce two forms of proof of identification such as:
• Drivers’ license from home country
• Mitricula Consular/National ID for people from Mexico
• College or high school photo ID
• Employee ID / badge with photo
• Birth Certificate
• Printed yearbook with photo & name
• Other photo with printed name, as deemed appropriate by FHSU administration
- The Tiger Card is property of Fort Hays State University. It must be carried at all times and presented to university officials upon request. The Tiger Card is non-transferable.
- Your Tiger Card does NOT EXPIRE as long as you are enrolled at FHSU. You do NOT need to replace your card each semester or year.
- Your first Tiger Card is issued to you for a $5 fee. There is a $10 replacement fee for any card that is lost, stolen, thrown away or mutilated.
If you need to cancel your card or if you lose your card contact the Card Center and/or Commerce Bank.
- Once a Tiger Card has been cancelled it can NOT be reactivated if found.
- DO NOT lend your card to someone else. This will prevent fraud and unauthorized use of the features and services of the Tiger Card.
- DO NOT punch holes, cut, scratch or otherwise deface your Tiger Card. Such damage may render your card invalid and may also cause damage to the merchant stripe.
Storing the Tiger Card back to back with a credit card may cause the stripe to become demagnetized.
- In cases where an ATM malfunction occurs, please notify the Commerce Bank branch nearest to that ATM machine.
For Information or Questions:
Contact The Tiger Card Center