New Student Information
Welcome to Fort Hays State University!
New students must follow these steps to gain access to FHSU technology services!
TigerNetID is a unified username and password authentication system for most Fort Hays State University computing resources. www.fhsu.edu/activate
With your TigerNetID you can log on to TigerTracks - FHSU's web portal - where you can explore your financial and academic information, FHSU e-mail, and other online services through your own customizable home page. *Students who have not activated their TigerNetID, can activate TigerTracks here.
- TigerEnroll: TigerEnroll is FHSU’s online enrollment service, found in TigerTracks. Pre-Enrollment is when you select courses in TigerEnroll and submit them for advisor approval. This temporarily secures your classes. Enrollment is when you complete the Enrollment/Payment tab in TigerEnroll, selecting your payment method and permanently securing your approved classes, also referred to as finalizing enrollment.
- Email: Your TigerNetID@mail.fhsu.edu email address is the official form of communication for all students at FHSU.
- Third-Party: Students are able to provide access to grade and/or financial information to a third party (go to TigerTracks > Online Services).
- Blackboard: A Web-based learning management system (LMS) designed to support fully online courses or provide a space for face-to-face course supplementation. Enrolled students receive access to their enrolled courses on the first day of classes.
All students enrolled at Fort Hays State University are expected to have a computer* for use in a variety of university learning experiences. *On-campus students are expected to have a laptop to ensure mobility.
TigerTech only provides assistance with accessing and using FHSU hosted systems and University-owned equipment. FHSU does not sell computers and does not provide computer repair for student devices.
- Hardware: To meet basic security, networking, and upgrade requirements, your computer should be running Windows 7 (or newer) or Mac OS X (or newer). Ideally, your computer's warranty should be supported by the manufacturer throughout your college career. Chromebooks and iPads are not recommended for use as your primary device due to limited functionality. Ask your instructor or academic department to learn about any specific technology requirements that may apply for each course in which you are enrolled.
- Software: Enrolled students at FHSU can take advantage of a variety of options to get FREE and/or discounted software for use on personal devices at www.fhsu.edu/tigertech/software/.
If you are an on-campus student, once you arrive on campus, connecting to the TigerNetStudent wireless network requires a TigerNetID login and a brief Web-based registration. Register all of your wireless devices, including items you bring to the Residence Halls, at www.fhsu.edu/tigertech/internet-info. FHSU does not accept the use of wireless printers.
Add TigerTech (785) 628-FHSU to your phone contacts, chat with us online at www.fhsu.edu/tigertech OR visit us in Tomanek Hall 127.