Tilford Diversity Awareness
The FHSU Tilford Diversity Awareness Committee is comprised of FHSU faculty, staff and administrators who are dedicated to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive campus climate, focused on integrating issues of multiculturalism throughout the curriculum.
The Tilford Diversity Awareness Committee shall provide recommendations to enhance a campus community environment that promotes diversity of thought and culture. The Committee will provide conscious and sensitive educational opportunities for our students and employees in conjunction with a shared understanding of diversity to be inclusive of, but not limited to, racial equity, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, gender, disability, socioeconomic status, national origin and age. The Committee is committed to help Fort Hays State University be an organization that welcomes, celebrates and promotes respect for all individuals.
At present, the Tilford Diversity Awareness goals include:
1. Creating a more supportive campus community that welcomes, accepts, respects and appreciates cultural, ethnic and racial experiences.
2. Recruiting, retaining and graduating a racially and ethnically diverse student body.
3. Recruiting and retaining a racially and ethnically diverse faculty and staff.
4. Ensuring that the FHSU curriculum is racially and ethnically diverse.
5. Assigning accountability to measure and achieve the long-term progress.