The Undergraduate Research Experience at Fort Hays State University
Undergraduate research takes many forms within departments at FHSU, but the unifying concept is collaborative faculty - student work on a scholarly project with the goal of developing generalizable peer-reviewed work as a final product.
Undergraduate research can be one of the most meaningful experiences at Fort Hays State University. Students have the opportunity to:
- learn through hands-on work outside the classroom and develop research skills for academic and professional pursuits
- identify academic and career interests
- develop a working relationship with a faculty mentor
- get a glimpse into graduate or professional school life
- learn what you like and don't like to do