To better serve Fort Hays State University’s students and employees, FHSU has partnered with three distance education providers of terminal degree programs (Ph.d and Ed.D). Each partner has a specific delivery method and programs. Below you will find more information on each university.
Lamar University and FHSU have
partnered to offer graduates of FHSU’s Ed.S programs a pathway to an
Ed.D. Students in this program will complete FHSU’s 30 credit hour
Education Specialist degree in either the Education Administration
(superintendent track) or Education Leadership (Administrator, IT, or
Staff Track) track. Students may then transfer all 30 credits into
Lamar University’s College of Education to complete a Doctorate of
At Lamar University, student will complete six
courses in an accelerated five week class model, with one week off
between classes. Then the final 12 credits will involve the final
preparation, research, and acceptance of a final dissertation.
Students must complete the FHSU program with a GPA of 3.0 or above to be considered for this partnership.
More information about the partnership can be found on the College of Education’s Advanced Education Program site.
If you’re interested in earning your PhD in business, Fort
Hays State University (FHSU) is here to help you achieve that goal. To save you
both time and expense, FHSU has partnered with Northcentral University (NCU), a
fully accredited, private distance learning institution that offers undergraduate and graduate programs in Business and Technology Management, Education and Behavior and Health Sciences. On December 1, 2011, FHSU and NCU updated a “Transfer and
Articulation Agreement,” which allows a seamless transfer for MBA graduates from FHSU into NCU doctoral programs, including the Doctorate of Business Administration and the PhD in Business.
At the current time, no other comparative MBA programs in the
State of Kansas have this relationship with NCU.
- Choose from 37 areas of specialization in Northcentral's School of Business and Technology Management, which allows you to study what is most important and meaningful to you.
- FHSU students receive a 10% discount off of NCU's current published rates. FHSU faculty/staff receive a 20% discount off of NCU's current published rates.
- Enter the program any time! NCU admits new doctoral candidates each week, so whether you choose to start right away after you graduate with your MBA or wait a while, the application, admission and enrollment processes are easy.
- Applicants with conferred Master's Degree from FHSU will enter a 54 credit hour Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program.
- Applicants with a conferred Master's Degree from FHSU will enter a 60 credit hour Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration program.
- Contact NCU's admissions team to learn more about the doctorate degrees from the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology and Marriage and Family Studies.
- Contact NCU's admissions team to learn more about NCU's Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) Programs.
- Northcentral's School of Business and Technology Management also is accredited through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- Northcentral offers FHSU students a variety of resources, including a sophisticated dissertation tracking system, online writing center, state-of-the-art electronic library, e-portfolio repository, and other electronic student services that aid in the successful completion of Northcentral University degrees.
more information, please contact Rachel Dolechek, MBA Coordinator at Fort Hays
State University, or visit the Northcentral University Web site.
For more information about business/domestic partnerships, please contact Dennis King.
For more information about international partnerships, please contact Cindy Elliott.