Fort Hays State University > Online Learners > Virtual College > Faculty Services > Development Form
Completing a Virtual College Course Development and Support Proposal
submitting a Course Development Proposal faculty or staff
should discuss the course with the Department Chair. Next the
Department Secretary should be asked to submit a Virtual College Course
Development and Support Proposal or Redevelopment Proposal. Step by
step instructions for submitting the proposal follow:
1. Open the Virtual College workflow icon in the Lotus Notes workspace. This is the same icon used to submit course approvals.
2. To begin a new proposal click on the Course Development button in
the bottom left corner of the view.
3. Next click on Course Development or Course Re-development depending
on the nature of your request.
4. Make sure to complete all fields of the form.
5. Once the form is completed click on Edit Approver List button; click
to highlight “entered when submitted” line, click OK. All “Entered when
submitted” lines must be changed to contain an approver’s name. The
order of the approver list should be: Course Developer, Department
Chair, Academic Dean, Graduate Dean (if applicable), and Director of
the Virtual College.
6. At the “Approver Name” window, click the down arrow (the FHSU
Address book will pop up; select the name of the first approver, then
click OK. Repeat these steps for all additional approvers. Note: if
there is an unused approver slot it must be filled with the name of the
Director of the Virtual College (Dennis King).
7. Now click on Submit for Approval. A message will appear informing
the submitter that “Notification has been sent to 1st approver’s name.”
8. The submitter and approvers may check on the status of the course
approval as it progresses through the approval process, at any time.
the proposal as been approved, the Director of the Virtual College will
meet with the Course Developer to sign the Course Development Agreement.
Copyright © 2009-2012 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.