Offering a Course
Offering a course through the Virtual College can be a very exciting
and rewarding experience. We have gathered some information and
resources that should help make your experience as a Virtual College
Instructor a little easier.
Virtual College Course Approval Form - When offering a course through the Virtual College, a Virtual
College Course Approval Form must be submitted. This should be done by
the department through which the course will be offered.
Ordering Books from the Bookstore - Ordering the textbooks for your class is made easy at the University Bookstore. Simply go to http://www.fhsu.bkstr.com. Then follow the steps below:
1. Choose the "Faculty Services" tab.
2. Choose "Online Textbook Adoptions."
3. Fill out the page to log on. If you have not logged on before, you will be prompted to register. You must register to continue.
4. Fill out the form with the appropriate course and textbook information.
5. You will see an order confirmation, which means the bookstore has received your order and will begin processing it.
Class rosters can be accessed and printed through CICS. Questions
regarding this process and requests for access to CICS should be
directed to the Office of the Registrar at 785-628-4222.
If you need to mail course materials to your students you may request
mailing labels from the Computing and Telecommunications Center.
Adjunct faculty may contact the Virtual College for assistance with
Adding or Dropping a Course
Students must make changes to their class schedule through TigerEnroll.
For refund information or add and drop deadlines refer to the Academic
Calendar at http://www.fhsu.edu/registrar/academic-calendar.
Students should check with the office of Financial Assistance prior to
dropping or withdrawing from a course to verify how it will affect
their Financial Aid status.
All grades for Virtual College courses must be posted on CICS.
Questions regarding this process should be directed to the Office of
the Registrar at 785-628-4222.
Change of Grade
On-campus faculty members can change grades using the Lotus
Notes "Change of Grade Request" function. To download the icon,
complete the following steps:
- From the Lotus Notes toolbar, Click on File, Database, and Open.
- Change Server to LNapps/FHSU.
- Scroll to file folder titled "apps". Click Open.
- Scroll to "Change of Grade Request". Click Open.
- Fill in the information and make the appropriate grade change then click Submit.
Contact the Computing Center at 785-628-4235 for any technical difficulties regarding the Change of Grade form.
Off-campus faculty members must request the Change of Grade paper forms from the Registrar's Office, 785-628-4222.
Instructors can request that students in their class secure a test
proctor during exams. If instructors require a test proctor, it should
be posted on the course syllabus. The student is responsible for making
these arrangements and submitting the Proctor Approval Forms to the instructor or department.
Schedule of Classes
An up-to-date list of course offerings for current and upcoming semesters can be found at tigertracks.fhsu.edu.