How to Reach Us

Fort Hays State University
Office of Admissions
Picken Hall 211
600 Park Street
Hays, KS 67601
Phone: 785-628-5666
Fax: 1-800-432-0248
Meet the Admissions Staff
Meet the Student Ambassadors

Facebookk Twitter Instagram You Tube Snap Chat

Transfer of Credit

One of the major deciding factors of transferring to a university is how your credits will transfer. We understand the importance and we want you to know that our transfer of credit process is designed to maximize your success.

Fort Hays State University accepts credit from all regionally accredited U.S. institutions. FHSU also accepts military credits evaluated by the American Council on Education. AP, CLEP and DANTES examination credits are also accepted based upon evaluation. International credits may also be evaluated when completed by NACES members.


Transferring to FHSU after attending a community/technical college or university?
See how your technical/community college hours transfer.
See how your university hours transfer.
Planning to have an associates degree or 45 transferable hours?
If so, view the Transfer and Articulation Agreement Policy.

Transferring to FHSU from outside the United States of America? Contact international student services.

Looking for an official transcript evaluation/degree summary?

1. Apply for admission.

2. Send official transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended to the Office of the Registrar.

3. Once admitted, you can request a degree check to be completed by one of our friendly degree analysts in the registrar's office.

4. Degree analysts will send official check sheets to you via email or your current mailing address.

5. If you have questions regarding the transfer of a particular class, after evaluated, refer to the transfer of credit appeal process.


Course Transfer

There is a growing list of courses approved by the Kansas Board of Regents for guaranteed transfer among all Kansas post-secondary institutions.


Reverse Transfer

Students who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college (or vice versa) are eligible for Reverse Transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees.





Back to top