Area of Emphasis: Technology Studies
To receive an emphasis in Technology Studies, the
student must complete 12 of the following 15 credit hours from the Department
of Technology Studies. A sample of courses might include but are not limited
TECS 110 Communication Systems
(3) The study of visual communications methods including graphic geometry,
lettering, sketching, orthographic drawing, sectional views, pictorial drawing,
dimensioning, and industrial communication systems.
TECS 120 Power, Energy, and Transportation
(3) This course is designed to provide an introductory overview of energy,
power transmission, and transportation systems that are commonly utilized by
an industrial global society.
TECS 130 Production Systems
(3) A study of how people produce the necessary products for survival, work,
and pleasure in a competitive, technological, and global society.
TECS 180 Materials and Processes
(3) This course is designed to acquaint students with the materials and processes
utilized in the production of usable goods both in the construction and manufacturing
TECS 200 Engineering Graphics
(3) Laboratory experiences including dimensioning and tolerancing, auxiliary
views, charts and graphs, threaded fasteners, welding, detail, and assembly
drawings. Requisites: PR, TECS 110 or equivalent.