Accessing FHSU Lotus Notes Applications
These instructions explain how to locate Fort Hays State University database applications on the Lotus Notes server, create bookmarks, and open the applications using the Lotus Notes Client.
Examples of applications include:
- Buy, Sell, and Trade
- CTC Request for Services
- CTELT Request for Services
- Physical Plant Work Request
Many applications require security to be set up prior to allowing access. For assistance obtaining security for Lotus Notes applications, the authorizing manager or supervisor should contact Viv Zimmerman at (785) 628-4031.
- Open your Lotus Notes Client. Click File, then choose Application (or Database), and Open. Click on the drop-down arrow and change the server to LNapps/FHSU. Next, scroll down in the Open Application window, until you find the yellow apps folder. Click once on it and then click the Open button.
- The apps folder will open. Scroll down until you find the application of your choice.
Note: If you can't find the application in the LNapps/FHSU apps folder, try accessing the NotesHub/FHSU server and then scroll down to open the yellow apps folder. If you still can't find the application you are looking for, contact the CTC HelpDesk for assistance.
- Click once on the application, and then click the Bookmark button. In the Add Bookmark dialog box, browse to locate the bookmark folder where you'd like to place the bookmark. Click on the folder to highlight it, and then click OK. (Repeat this step if you wish to add other bookmarks for other applications.) When you are finished adding bookmarks, close the Open Application window by clicking the X in the upper right-hand corner.
- Double-click on the application's bookmark to open the application. An informational window about the application may open. If it does, read the information and then close the window.
- The application will open, and you may now start using it.
Note: The first time you open any application, it may take longer than in later attempts.
- To open the application in the future, simply click on its bookmark from your Lotus Notes desktop.
If you have problems…
Review these procedures and check to make sure you have followed all steps as instructed. If you need further assistance, call the Fort Hays State University CTC HelpDesk at (785) 628-5276. Before calling for problem assistance, write down the steps you have done so far and any error messages you may have received.