FHSU Web Survey
What is iTunes U?
Fort Hays State University iTunes U is a service that enables faculty to deliver pre-recorded audio/video course content online. These audio and video files can help students catch up or review course materials. All of the content available will require the iTunes software to view and download materials.
- Your students can easily download iTunes U content to any Mac, PC, iPhone, iPod or iPad and go right on learning while they grab a meal, walk to class, or work out at the gym.
- iTunes U is a password-protected site and only your enrolled students have access to the content. iTunes U is not part of the iTunes public site.
How Do I Access FHSU iTunes U?
- In the mega menu, look under Current Students. Under Academic Resources, click on iTunesU.
- Click on Take me to Courses on FHSU on iTunes U. Take me to FHSU on iTunes U will connect to the FHSU General Information page.
- Log in using your TigerTracks username and password. Your username and password is the same as your Blackboard login.
- The FHSU’s iTunes U screen will appear. Note that it may take a few minutes to load. If you do not have iTunes downloaded on your computer, a window will appear instructing you to download iTunes.
- On the FHSU iTunes U page click on the icon Courses. All FHSU courses using iTunes in which you created or a student is enrolled in will appear.
- To download the content click on the icon Get to the right of the screen. The content will begin downloading.
- When the content is finished downloading, double-click on the title of the download under the Name tab to play.
How Can I Add Content on iTunes U?
Faculty may add material relating to their course instruction, and students may add material if it is an assignment as part of their class. You would need first to create a course shell to upload your content.
- To request a course shell, complete an iTunes U Request form and submit it to email@example.com . Please allow 1-2 days to activate your request.
- To have your students “enrolled” into the iTunes shell, complete the Batch Enrollment form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 1-2 days to activate your request.
- If you need help in creating or uploading your content, contact the Coordinator of Media Production, Andy Tincknell at 785-628-4492 or email@example.com.
If you need assistance in accessing your material or have technical issues, contact Kevin Staab at 785-628-4452 or firstname.lastname@example.org.