> Davis Hall
Davis Hall was built in 1952 at a cost of $722,346 and is the home for the Technology Studies program at Fort Hays State University. In this department, students learn about Communications Systems; Power, Energy and Transportation; Engineering Graphics; Wood Processes; Furniture and Cabinet Construction; and Computer-Aided Drafting. The building is located just north of the Memorial Union. Classrooms, hands-on shop areas and offices make up this 47,450 gross square foot building.
The building is named for Edwin Davis who served the university as a woodworking instructor and as chair of the Industrial Arts department during the period from 1916-1957. Times were hard in the 1930's and federal funds provided many types of jobs for students at Fort Hays Kansas State College. One type of employment was bookbinding under the supervision of Ed Davis. Mr. Davis passed away in 1967.
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.