First Year Experience (FYE)
August is a new beginning……the start of classes, meeting new people, and finding a new home. At FHSU, we celebrate that new beginning as a festival of new freedoms, opportunities, and fun.
For New Students
We can't possibly cover all the things you need to know to be successful at FHSU during Tiger Stripes: Pre-Enrollment Days and Tiger Impact Fall Orientation Weekend. That is why we have Your First 40 Days at Fort Hays (First 40 Days). First 40 Days offers you a variety of programs & events to help you with this transition.
Throughout your first 40 days (6 weeks), you will be encouraged to attend at least 6 events: 2 Social Events and then 1 of each of the remaining tracks. Each track represents a category. Reflections will be required on at least 1 event through Tiger[Link]. Successful completion of the First 40 Days will be a requirement of the UNIV 101 Freshman Seminar course.
- Academic & Cultural Track will help you intellectually grow & appreciate diversity.
- Hallmark Track will help you experience the cornerstone events found only at FHSU.
- Leadership & Service Track will help you understand & participate in social & civic responsibilities of society.
- Personal Development & Community Building Track will help you grow & develop within yourself & model healthy behaviors.
- Social Track will help you develop & maintain meaningful interpersonal relationships.
2016-17 First 40 Days schedule of events
For Returning Students
Returning to school has never been more fun. A variety of events full of food, entertainment, and more have been packed together to create Welcome Back Weeks 2016. Just a few of the events include:
- Student Organization Welcome Back Socials & Meetings
- Google + You
- Student Organization Leadership Retreat