Department of Geosciences - Faculty
Dr. Hendratta Ali
Assistant Professor of Geosciences
Office: Tomanek Hall, 239
Curriculum Vitae - contact me for a current vitae
Educational Background | Courses Taught | Research Interests & Specializations | Current Research
Recent Publications | Awards Received | Professional Memberships | Service Activities | Personal Interest
Greetings, and welcome to the Department of Geosciences. On this page, you will find a few facts about my background, my research interests, and my personal interests. If you would like to know more about me or the Department, feel free to call or email me.
Ph. D. | 2010 | Oklahoma State University- Stillwater, OK
D.E.A. (post graduate) | 2005 | University of Yaounde I- Yaounde, Cameroon
M.S. | 2003 | University of Yaounde I- Yaounde, Cameroon
B.S. | 1998 | University of Yaounde I- Yaounde, Cameroon
Geology, Geophysics, & Seismic Modeling
Ali, H. A and Atekwana Eliot A., 2009. "Effect of Progressive Acidification on Stable Carbon Isotope of Dissolved Inorganic Carbon in Surface Waters." Chemical Geology, vol. 260, iss. 1-2, pp. 102-111.
Ndjigui P.-D., Bitom D., Bilong P. and Ali H., 2003. "Influence des oxydes metalliques sur le comportement du platine et du palladium dans les manteaux d'alteration des roches ultrabasiques serpentinisees en zone forestiere d'Afrique Centrale." Annales Faculte des Sciences. Universite Yaounde I. Serie Science. Naturelle. et Vie, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 7-16.
Ali, H. and Atekwana E. A. 2008. "Dissolve Inorganic Carbon (DIC) and Stable Carbon Isotope Evolution in a Tailings Pile." Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, vol. 40, no. 6, p 132.
Ali, H. and Atekwana E. A. 2008. "Geochemistry and Stable Carbon Isotope Characterization of the Impact of Mine Spoils on Surface, Soil, and Groundwater at the St. Joe State Park, SE Missouri." Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, vol. 40, no. 3, p. 35.
Drueckhammer, S., Ali, H., Atekwana E. A. 2008. "Water Quality in the North Bosque River Watershed, Erath County Texas." Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, vol. 40, no. 3, p. 7.
Ali, H. and Atekwana, E. A., 2007. "Simulating Dissolved Inorganic Carbon and Stable Carbon Isotope Evolution in AMD Using Acidified Sodium Bicarbonate Solution." Geological Society of American Abstracts with Programs, vol. 39, no. 6, p. 482.
Ali, H. and Atekwana E. A. 2007. "Stable Carbon Isotope Characterization of CO2 loss in Acid Mine Drainage Impacted Stream Water: Observations from a Laboratory Experiment." Eos Trans. AGU, 88(23), Jt. Assem. Suppl., Abstract GS23B-09.
- OSU Alumni, Questar and Skinner graduate fellowship award, 2008-2010
- Oklahoma State University Graduate Student Association Travel Grant, 2007-2008
- National Association of Graduate and Professional Students annual meeting travel grant, 2007
- National Association of Black Geologist and Geophysicist Mark Gipson Award, 2006-2009
- OSU-GPSGA Outstanding Leadership Award, 2006-2007
- McNutt Scholarship, University of Missouri- Rolla, 2005-2006
- Second best M.S. Graduate, Earth Sciences, University of Yaounde I, Cameroon, 2003
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- Association for Women in the Geosciences (AWG)
- National Association of Black Geologists and Geophysicists (NABGG)
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
- Geological Society of America (GSA)
- Volunteer Soccer Coach, Stillwater Parks and Recreation, Stillwater, OK, 2008-2009
- Community volunteer, City of Stillwater, OK "Trash-Off" day event, 2007
- Secretary, Cameroon Youth Baseball and Softball Association Club, 2002-2004
- Community Organizer, South Cameroon, 2001-2002
- E-Certified Soccer Coach, Oklahoma Soccer Association
- Green Belt certificate, Shotokan Karate, Cameroon Karate Federation, Yaounde, Cameroon
- Translating (French/English)