Kelly Center Banner

How to Refer a Student in Need of Help

Give the student the Kelly Center's phone number and location. Convey support and understanding while encouraging the student to seek help.

For non-emergency situations, it may be best to call the Kelly Center on behalf of the student while they are still with you. An appointment can be made by phone at that time.

If you have more serious concerns about a student's willingness or ability to follow through with an appointment, please consider walking the student to the Kelly Center. Students in crisis will be seen by a counselor.

For students who prefer off-campus resources, the Kelly Center can provide referral information to local providers.

For emergency situations, contact the University Police at 628-5304 or call 911.

Back to top