2013-2014 Learning Communities Application
Please note: The priority deadline to sign up for a 2013-2014 Learning Community is March 15, 2013.
First Name Last Name
State ZIP Code
High School Intended Major
E-Mail Address Verify E-Mail Address
Which Learning Community do you wish to be a part of? If you are interested in more than one, please use a "1" to indicate your first preference, a "2" to indicate your second preference, a "3" to indicate your third preference, and so on.
BeFit: Benefit from Wellness - Closed
Heart and Mind: Philosophizing about the Arts
L3: Live. Learn. Lead. - Closed
Opportunity Through Education
Have you signed up for FHSU housing?
No (Please complete the housing application before applying)
Do you have a roommate preference?
If yes, list name of roommate preferred. (This will not guarantee roommate placement nor placement in the learning community.)
1. What interests you about participating in a learning community?
2. How would you be an active member of a learning community at FHSU?
Pledge of Commitment
By signing or emailing this form, I pledge to uphold the expectations of the Learning Community (LC) if I am selected:
- I am committed to the mission of any LC that I am selected to participate in, which aims to foster a strong community conducive to learning. I understand that the foundation of any LC is its students, and its success depends on our ability and willingness to treat community members with respect and civility inside and outside the classroom.
- I will live in McMindes Hall for the 2013-2014 academic year as part of the LC floor
- I will complete any required courses for this LC during the fall and spring semesters
- I will attend LC meetings, participate in planning and attend LC activities. I will take an active role in establishing goals for the LC
- I give my permission that any photographs taken of me participating in the LC can be used by the University for official business, such as promotional materials and websites
- I understand that if I don't meet these commitments, I will relinquish my LC space and possibly be asked to move off of the LC floor.
- I agree to let the Learning Communities staff enroll me in my Learning Community classes for the Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 semesters.
- If I submit this application online, I understand that my submission serves as my signature for this form.